Volunteering makes a real difference.
We currently have vacancies for volunteers in the following roles only:
- Interpreting – friendly bilingial volunteers to help with telehone interpreting.
- Women’s Group Volunteers – Planning and helping to facititate online group sessions on fridays 10.30 a.m. to 12 p.m. with opportunities to help with face to face sessions in the near future.
- Childcare volunteers -Helping out at online children’s parties each saturday ( 11 to 12) and at future SLRA events.
- Advice Volunteers – with up to date advice knowledge and experience in immigration and/or asylum, housing, welfare benefits, health.
- Youth Club Volunteers – helping out at our weekly Youth Club sessions with actvities like sports, arts and crafts or helping with homework . Homework support volunteers need secondary school teaching experience and/or knowledge of GCSE curriculum in maths, science or English.
- Lunchtime and Social Space volunteers – to help cook simple, healthy lunches for visitors and to help to welcome clients to our social spcae each Tuesday.
- Event Organising – to help make SLRA’s 30th anniversary party a great success!
If you’re interested in volunteering for us please download our short Volunteer Registration Form, complete the form and email it back to us using the email address given on the form.
Our volunteers are essential and valued members of the SLRA team. We provide induction and ongoing training as well as regular group and one to one supervision. Many of those who volunteer for us gain valuable knowledge and skills for future learning or employment.
Volunteering with SLRA has been a privilege. I have found my work stimulating, thought-provoking and most of all, rewarding.