Volunteering makes a real difference.
Currently we are recruiting for the following roles:
* Volunteer Interpreters – to provide friendly and confidential interpreting (Sorani & Albanian interpreters urgently needed). Flexible & Remote.
* Volunteer ESOL Teachers – to prepare appropriate teaching materials, plan and deliver classes, and informally assess learners’ progress, weekly on Thursdays, 12:30 -15.00. ESOL teaching qualification and previous ESOL teaching experience required.
* Advice Volunteers – to provide advice and signpost on immigration, housing, welfare benefits and other issues. Remote and/or face-to-face. Minimum 1 day per week commitment, for 6 months. Ideally volunteers with recent advice experience and knowledge.
* Women’s Group Childcare Volunteers – to support the Women’s Group by playing and facilitating fun activities for children on Thursdays, 10:00-13:30.
* Women’s Group Volunteer Chefs – to help cook and serve a simple healthy lunch for clients on Thursdays, 10:00-14:00.
* Youth Casework Volunteers – to support and advise young people on issues including housing, education, medical and legal support. Volunteers must have excellent listening and written/verbal communication skills, be available on Thursdays 13:00-17:00, and commit to volunteering for 6 months.
* Lunch and Social Space Volunteer Chefs – to help cook a simple healthy lunch for clients and to help welcome people to our social space on Tuesdays, 10:00-12:30.
* Lunch and Social Space Welcome Volunteers – to welcome people to the centre on Tuesdays from 10:00, register new participants, and help serve lunch.
If you’re interested in volunteering at SLRA, please fill in our Volunteer Application form.
We welcome volunteers from all sections of the community, particularly those with lived experience of the immigration or asylum system.
Our volunteers are essential and valued members of the SLRA team.
We provide induction and ongoing training as well as regular group and one to one supervision. Many of those who volunteer for us gain valuable knowledge and skills for future learning or employment.
If you have any questions or would like more information,
please email our Volunteer Co-ordinator, email@example.com.
Volunteering with SLRA has been a privilege. I have found my work stimulating, thought-provoking and most of all, rewarding.