Volunteering makes a real difference.
We currently have vacancies for volunteers in the following roles only:
- Delivering food and other essentials to people in need.
- Advice – People with up to date knowledge and experience of advice giving in the areas of immigration, housing or welfare benefits.
- Youth casework support – Working with our Youth caseworkers to help young people make benefits and housing applications etc.
- IT support – helping people to get online to access services, education etc.
- Interpreting – If you are fluent in a language spoken by those we work with and could provide occasional interpreting help we would love to hear from you.
- Social Media – Helping to raise our profile and keep supporters up to date with our news.
If you’re interested in volunteering for us please give us a call 0203 490 3443 or contact us by email.
Our volunteers are essential and valued members of the SLRA team. We provide induction and ongoing training as well as regular group and one to one supervision. Many of those who volunteer for us gain valuable knowledge and skills for future learning or employment.
Volunteering with SLRA has been a privilege. I have found my work stimulating, thought-provoking and most of all, rewarding.